Room 2 Websites

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Marae Visit

Marae Visit

  • It was fun because we learnt about the Maori culture and had access to almost all of the Marae.  I liked learning about the legends in the Meeting House.  I felt really confident when I made my thank you speech and I was not lying.  It was the truth.  R. J.
  • Getting to know about the Marae was fun.  E. D.
  • I enjoyed looking at the sculptures which were carved in wood.  We met the man who did all of the carving and watch him still carving.  It was amazing.  M. L.
  • I enjoyed learning about the old church which was really cool.  C. M.
  • I found that each sulpture and weaving in the Meeting House told a story.  A. M.
  • I could not imagine that one man could do such big carvings out of just one log. T. C.
  • I liked learning about the carvings and seeing a bit of how they were made.  E. F.
  • I liked how we were welcomed by the Kapa Haka group as we entered the Marae. R.S.

No comments: